Thursday, May 03, 2007

To NY and Sydney & back in a week (from April)

As much as I love living in Moscow, it's always nice to visit my other hometowns of NY and Sydney.

However, it may have been a little much to try and do both in one week.

In late April I spent the weekend in NY visiting friends and partying (and comparison-shopping NY's nightlife compared to Moscow) en route to my close friend Stephanie's wedding and my parents' 35th wedding anniversary in Sydney the following weekend. Despite the 70+ hours spent in transit around the world, it was worth it to be able to see so many close friends and family in such a short space of time.

To celebrate my parents anniversary, we flew a small seaplane from Sydney Harbour to another river north of Sydney for a delicious lunch, accompanied by a beautiful view, and some local wildlife!

Steph & Mike's wedding was gorgeous. They had a lovely ceremony at Mike's school in Sydney, followed by a reception on the roof of Sydney's Museum of Contemporary Art, next to the Harbour Bridge and across from the Opera House. It was a spectacular location and a great party!

To everyone I managed to see on this brief trip, it was awesome to see you, and to those of you who I didn't get the chance to hang out with, hope to see you sometime soon!

The photos from the brief trip to Australia are here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.