Monday, March 10, 2008

Hitting The Road- Cam's Travels Begin

So it's happening. I've quit my job and will spend 2008 on the road, travelling to the far corners of the earth.

My blog will keep my loyal readers posted with tales of my adventures and links to my photos as I go.

Where will I go? The journey will start next month, with a heliskiing trip to Kamchatka. After this I'll be trekking to Everest Base Camp in Nepal, then Bhutan, en route home to Sydney, where I will spend a few weeks catching up with friends, and have put together a trip for friends of mine from all over the world to visit Australia while I'm there.

From Australia I'll swing through Thailand and/or Vietnam to visit my sister, and am thinking of doing a side-trip to North Korea if it's doable. I'll spend much of June in and around Russia, before visiting my parents sailing in Greece/Turkey.

I'll leave the boat in Turkey, travel through the region and down to Syria & Lebanon in July, then into Central Asia (in August, I know), and really get to know the Stans (Uzbek, Kyrgiz, Tajik, and Turkmen, to name a few).

After this, things get a little vague. My parents plan to visit Moscow in late August, and I have a few weddings in Germany, Croatia, and the US in early September. I'll plan some quality time in Moscow, and then probably hit Central America in November, and hopefully Africa with my family in December.

Eventually, I'd like to be back right where I am in Moscow when it comes time to revisit the working world.

In other news, I've redone my photo library to make it more flexible and easier to add pictures to. It's now searchable, although so far the links to various albums aren't in chronological order.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great stuff brother! I am just so impressed that you act and not just dream like the rest of us :-) perhaps honeybuns and I can join you Downunder or possibly meet up in turkey or germany. Travel safely and keep the pigs comin'